The First Mission to Discovery is here with the Monoprice™ MP Cadet™ 3D Printer. MP Cadet by Monoprice is the perfect 3D printer for beginners just starting their journey to experienced users looking for a desktop‑friendly counterpart. The MP Cadet is the world's easiest to use 3D printer. It ships fully assembled and is ready to start printing within 30 seconds of taking it out of the box. Wireless printing with the built‑in Wi‑Fi® is a snap, simply connect the 3D printer to the free mobile app and you'll be ready to go. The fully automatic leveling system takes the frustration out of manual leveling, making it easier to start a print the first time and eliminating the need for constant tinkering.
3D PRINTERS BASIC "HOW TO" QUESTIONS What is a Bowden tube connector?
The Bowden tube connector is typically a small piece that looks similar to a valve. It allows filament to feed directly into the extruder motor, which pushes filament through the heated nozzle. It is also common to refer to this part as a Bowden Coupler or Pneumatic Push Connector, as well as other names.
- Most connectors have a circular tab on the top of the piece, which is what keeps the PTFE tube inserted into place. Press down on this circular tab to either remove or insert the PTFE tube. Once the PTFE tube is in place, release the circular tab to secure it in place.
- Always press down on the circular tab before attempting to remove the PTFE tube to prevent damage to the Bowden connector.
While you can use any type of filament you want, we suggest that beginners should start with PLA or PLA+ filament. This allows you to become acquainted with your new printer and get a better understanding of how it works. The table below lists the most common types of filament with use‑case suggestions and suggested temperatures.
|NOZZLE TEMP||BED TEMP||USAGE|
|PLA/PLA+||180 ~ 200°C||40 ~ 50°C||Models, low‑wear toys, prototyping|
|ABS||210 ~ 230°C||50 ~ 60°C||Phone cases, average‑wear toys, tool handles|
|TPU/TPE/TPC||210 ~ 230°C||30 ~ 50°C||Flexible objects, wearables, PPE components|
|PETG||220 ~ 240°C||50 ~ 60°C||Mechanical parts, PPE components, high‑wear pieces|
As with most mechanical objects, your 3D printer needs periodic maintenance to keep it operating at peak performance. Following are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind.
- Always remove filament completely when you have finished printing for the day. Allowing the filament to cool in the nozzle can cause clogging and further complications.
- To clear a clog, preheat the nozzle to 220°C, then manually push the inserted filament with more force than the printer's extruder motor is capable of exerting.
- Always double‑check the level of your print bed. Printers with Auto‑Leveling may need the offset adjusted. This will be a unique value for every printer. The space between the nozzle and the print bed should be 0.1mm, which is the thickness of a sheet of standard printer paper.
Many people want to create objects for use with food or drink with their 3D printers, such as decorative plates, molds, cups, or cookie cutters. While this is indeed possible, there are several things to keep in mind.
- Always ensure that the filament you intend to use is food safe. This should be indicated on the product page or on the packaging. Some brands have specific types of filament that are FDA approved.
- FFF printing is the process of melting and extruding thermoplastics into thin layers to build a model. Printing at the lowest layer height may help prevent ridges. Truly food safe objects should have a perfectly smooth surface.
- Most standard thermoplastics will react to the high temperatures used with standard dish washing. It is best to use lukewarm water and an antibacterial soap. This reduces the risk of damaging the print and removes any surface bacteria.
- Brass nozzles are a standard part for many 3D printers. However, these may contain trace amounts of lead. Using a stainless steel to print objects for use with food or drink will eliminate any risk of lead contamination.
A more in-depth explanation of 3D printer filaments.
|Build Area||ø110 x 120 mm||100 x 105 x 100 mm||120 x 120 x 120 mm||200 x 200 x 180 mm||300 x 300 x 400 mm||150 x 150 x 150 mm|
|Resolution||40‑200 microns||50‑200 microns||100‑300 microns||50‑300 microns||50‑300 microns||100‑400 microns|
|Print Speed||up to 170 mm/sec||up to 150 mm/sec||up to 55 mm/sec||up to 100 mm/sec||up to 100 mm/sec||up to 100 mm/sec|
|Maximum Extruder Temperature||260°C||250°C||250°C||280°C||280°C||240°C|
|Maximum Build Plate Temperature||60°C||50°C||60°C||110°C||110°C||100°C|
|Heated Built Plate||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Removable Build Plate||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Calibration||Manual leveling||Automatic leveling||Manual leveling||Assisted leveling||Assisted leveling||Assisted leveling|
|Connectivity||Color touchscreen, microSD™ card, Wi‑Fi®||LCD screen, USB, microSD™ card||Color touchscreen, Micro USB, microSD™ card, Wi‑Fi®||Touchscreen, Micro USB, microSD™ card, Wi‑Fi®||Touchscreen, Micro USB, microSD™ card, Wi‑Fi®||Color touchscreen, USB drive, Wi‑Fi®|
|Supported Slicing Software||Cura and many other open source slicers||WiiBuilder, Cura||Cura, Repetier‑Host||Cura, Repetier‑Host, KISSlicer||Cura, Repetier‑Host, KISSlicer||MP Flashprint, Slic3r, Skeinforge, Cura|
1 Year 3D Printer Repair Warranty
MonoD printers offer a 30 day money back guarantee. After 30 days, Monoprice stands behind their products by offering a 1 year repair warranty for any manufacture defects on our printers.
Please note, our warranty does not apply to any defects resulting from negligence, misuse, any modifications or enhancements to the product. Any of these will result in a voided warranty, as a result, Monoprice will no longer offer support and/or returns for these items.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Monoprice™ stands behind every product we sell with a 30 day money back guarantee! If the product you purchase does not satisfy your needs, send it back for a full refund.
Quality at a Fair Price
Monoprice's rugged design and rigid quality control standards deliver high quality products at fair prices.
Hassle Free Packaging
Monoprice exists to bring simplicity, fairness, and confidence to technology choices. This product features recyclable packaging that is simple to open, cost effective, with minimal waste, and fully protective as it travels to you.
Service and Support
You're never on your own with Monoprice products! We have a full team of friendly and knowledgeable technicians available to answer your questions, both before and after the sale. Contact our technical support team for questions about our products, troubleshooting, or even suggestions for products to fit your particular needs. Not to be outdone, our friendly and helpful customer service team is here to make your ordering, delivery, and any possible returns a quick and painless operation, from start to finish!
Monoprice™, Cadet™, the Cadet logo, and all Monoprice logos are trademarks of Monoprice Inc.
microSD™ is a trademark of SD‑3C, LLC.
Wi‑Fi® and Wi‑Fi Alliance® are registered trademarks of Wi‑Fi Alliance.
Google™, Android™, Google Play™, and the "Get It On Google Play" logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Microsoft® and Windows® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple®, App Store®, Mac®, macOS®, and the "Download on the App Store" logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Warning: Operation of this product with filaments that include a styrene monomer (ABS / HIPS / PC‑ABS) can expose you and other in the same room to styrene, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov ALWAYS OPERATE THIS PRODUCT IN A WELL‑VENTILATED AREA