Since IR remote control signals need "line-of-sight" to work, you will need this extender if the equipment you're trying to control is hidden out of sight such as in a cabinet, A/V Closet, or behind the TV.How it Works
The BlastIR USB consists of an emitter cable, a receiver, and a USB power cable.
- Mount the receiver on or near your TV. Keep in mind that the receiver must be in the line-of-sight to wherever you will be using your remote control.
- Mount the emitter directly over the IR sensor on the device you wish to control.
- The BlastIR USB can be powered by either plugging the USB Cable into a USB port on your TV, or you can plug it into a power outlet by using the included DC12V adapter.
Once everything is connected, the receiver picks up the IR Remote control signal and transfers it over a small cable to the emitter.
The BlastIR USB repeater kit is dual band, which means it will work with the most IR devices. This compact BlastIR is perfect for a simple installation in which you are only hiding away a few devices (up to 4 with the Quad emitter option). If you need to control more devices, check out the full sized BlastIR Pro.
The length of the cable between the emitter and receiver is 6 feet. The length between the USB power connector and the IR receiver is also 6 feet, so the combined length of the product is 12 feet.
- Receiver Frequency Range: 34 KHZ to 60 KHZ
- Transmitter Frequency Range: 38 KHZ to 56 KHZ
- Receiver Range: 26 feet
- Emitter Range: 100mm-200mm
- Power: 12VDC, 30mA MAX
- Dimensions (IR Receiver): 31(L) x 17 (W) x 13(H)mm
- Dimensions (IR Emitters): 13(L) x 8 (W) x 5.5(H)mm
- AC input: 100-240V
- DC Output: 12V 300mA
- USB Output: 5V 500mA
- Total Length of Cable: 12 ft (6 feet between IR receiver and IR emitter, and 6 feet between the USB power connector and the IR receiver.